Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Two weeks to go

I am 2/3 of the way through the i.v. therapy! Though I will continue oral antibiotics for several months, the progress I have made in my first month is very exciting. I woke up today feeling like I am getting a second chance at life. Each day, there is a little more improvement.

The face that looks back at me in the morning looks more and more like my old self. The swelling on the left side of my face, part of my existence for two years, is subsiding. The deep circles under my eyes are not as dark and some of my color is returning. If the lesions on my cornea are caused by Lyme disease, there is a good chance they'll disappear with treatment. Just one more symptom that confirms the urgency of my current treatment. My thinking is clearer.

My walking is improving. It was becoming very difficult to walk fluidly. I was losing control of the function of my legs. I am so excited to tell you that I am walking so much smoother, now. Strangers no longer look at me with a concerned look, wondering if they should offer help or cross to the other side of the street, when I go to the post office. : ) Those darn doors are still pretty heavy to open, but in time...

My headaches, which I've had non-stop since 2005 seem to be abating!

Words can not express my deep sense of gratitude for the care I am receiving.

No comments: