Monday, June 22, 2009

In memory of Jane

Months ago, when I saw my first cancer drop box, I turned the car around and took a picture to send to Jane with a note to drop her tumors off at the nearest box. If only it had been that easy.

Tonight, I write with a heavy heart. A dear friend and non-smoker lost her battle with lung cancer this morning. She was so full of life and so wanted to live. She fought both the cancer cells in her body and the stigma of the disease with courage and dignity. She was an inspiration to all.

We had hoped for a dinner date and a walk on the beach when I returned home. Sources of inspiration to both Jane and I when times were difficult. Sadly, as my friend Julie said today, "That walk will need to wait a long time, now."

Julie and I will walk on Wednesday, cherishing our memories of the dear friend who reminded us to cherish each moment, to make a difference in this world, to remember we're stronger than we think, and to live life to the very fullest, learning it's precious lessons in even the most difficult of times.

No comments: